Were looking for a good chocolate fudge cake receipe and found this Steam Super Moist Chocolate Cake from Cooking Crave. She's got alot of yummy looking cake receipe and they are really easy to follow. Had been wanting to try out this receipe because we do not need to bake it in the oven. Finally try my hand with it today for tea because my son requested it before he left for school.
The outcome is really good because the cake is really moist and yummy and the whole cake were gone within seconds! Need to make another cake tomorrow because I promised a friend to share some with her and there were not enough to go round cos most had second helping today! :)
**Here is the receipe - all chocolate lover must try this**
Ingredients for the cake:
180 g butter
200 g caster sugar (200ml)
200 g full cream evaporated milk (200ml)
2 eggs, slightly beaten with fork
100 g plain flour (200ml)
50 g cocoa powder (150ml)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
Ingredients for the chocolate fudge:
200g condense milk (150ml)
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp corn oil
20g cocoa powder, sifted (50ml)
Steps for making the cake:
1. Combine caster sugar, vanilla essence, evaporated milk and butter into a saucepan.
2. Stir over low heat until sugar and butter is melted, turn off the fire and keep warm.
3. Lightly beat the 2 eggs with fork.
4. When the mixture is cool add in the beaten eggs and stir well.
5. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bow.
6. Pour the eggs mixture into the flour and stir well. (the cake batter should be runny)
7. Heat up the steamer.
8. Lined and grease a 8 or 9 inch round baking pan.
9. Pour in the mixture into the lined pan and place it into the steamer and cover the top of the pan with a piece of aluminium foil (loosely covered).
10. Cover the steamer and steam over medium heat for 45 mins.
11. Cool the cake in the pan before turning out for furthur decoration.
Steps for making the chocolate fudge:
1. Combine the sifted cocoa powder, condense milk and oil into a saucepan.
2. Stir over low heat until the mixture is thicken.
3. Add in salt and vanilla essence.
4.Cool the chocolate topping a little before spreading on the cake.
You can refrigerate the cake before serving or you can have it while it's warm!
Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope you have a yummy day today too!